Historically, the opening of a bank account was rated on the same level as going for a job interview or buying a house. The paperwork involved seemed to go on forever and each client had a file of forms the size of a telephone book just to get the account started. The customer also needed to know exactly what they wanted before they got there and had to have full knowledge of the product they had in mind. This is no longer the case as banks have come to the realization that the customers needed proper product guidance and the ease of doing business with banks had to improve.
Halkbank clients are spoiled for choice when choosing their accounts nowadays, as the consultant will guide them through the products according to their individual needs. Both the process involved in opening an account or credit card, as well as the actual options available, are streamlined and more client-centric.
A Halkbank account, or deposit product as it is also referred to, is tailored around the client’s needs as not all needs are the same. The following accounts are offered:
- E-Deposit is a great account for those who wish to use electronic channels to open their accounts.
- The Deposit Account with Investment Fund is specifically designed for clients who wish to earn interest and have their funds put away for a period of 32-370 days.
- A Growing Child Account is a great way to save for your children or to get them into the habit of saving for themselves. The period on this account is anywhere between 5 – 10 years.
- The Accumulated Deposit Account is the adult version of the Growing Child Account, which also encourages customers to save for a period of 5-10 years.
- A Producing Deposit Account is a fixed interest account that lasts from 365 until a term specifically chosen by the customer, with options available regarding the interest payable. Customers have the option of having the interest paid out monthly, 3-monthly or 6-monthly.
- The Current TL Account is the account customers rely on to do their daily banking and transactions. Payments to beneficiaries can be made from this account via electronic banking, card payments and more.
- Time Deposit TL/FX Account allows the customer to determine the maturity date
- The Current FX Account is a perfect savings vehicle for foreign funds and also allows EUROBOND transactions
- A Current Gold Deposit Account is used to buy and sell gold based on certain minimum standards. It also has an Accumulated Current Gold Deposit Account that can be linked in order for the customer to save monthly or three-monthly.
- Safety Deposit boxes are available to customers.
Customers also have different options available when applying for credit cards. The following options are available to them:
- Paraf is the option for the entry-level user, granting them access to the Prime Class Lounge and also gives the user an increase in ParafPara.
- Parafly is the upgraded card which gives the user opportunities to not only win 5 times ParafPara in all their expenditures abroad, but also gives them access to Everywhere Lounge. Access to the Parafly Shuttle as well as enjoying certain restaurant discounts on Saturdays forms part of the perks of owning a Parafly card.